Six to Start
Based in London, UK
iOS: 20 August 2014
Android: 3 December 2014
DescriptionHeroes aren't born — they're trained.
7 Minute Superhero Workout is a smartphone fitness game that motivates players to perform fast, high-intensity workouts at home. It's the world's first app that automatically tracks reps and calories for dozens of exercises: we count every push up, every squat, every hook and every jab so players can see exactly how fast they're improving.
With 20 rip-roaring missions where players defend Earth against an alien attack, 12 energetic workouts (including the classic '7 Minute Workout' routine), and the interactive 'Battle Workout' mode, 7 Minute Superhero Workout makes it easy and exciting to build strength, get fit, and lose weight.
Download the launch press release (PDF)
HistorySix to Start are co-creators of Zombies, Run! and The Walk, the world's bestselling smartphone fitness games, with over a million players in total.
7 Minute Superhero Workout brings our unique combination of real-world gameplay and storytelling to at-home bodyweight workouts that don't need special or expensive equipment. Through exercises like push ups, jumping jacks, wall sits, and abdominal crunches, we've created a fast workout that improves every part of the body.
In 7 Minute Superhero Workout, you become the pilot of AEGIS One, a prototype battlesuit tasked with defending the Earth against alien forces. Across land, sea, air, and outer space, your real-world punches become plasma blasts and your abdominal crunches power the battlesuit's reactors. Every exercise you perform in real world matters more than ever in the game's 20 epic missions.
With cutting-edge motion tracking and a thrilling, motivating story, 7 Minute Superhero Workout takes home exercise to the next step.
- Motion Tracking Gameplay: First ever smartphone app to counts every rep and every calorie of every exercise using the device's front-facing camera. Your punches become plasma blasts, and your ski jumps help you dodge enemy missiles!
- Gripping Story: Defend Earth against alien invaders across 20 epic missions, each including ~20 min of high-intensity exercises.
- Battle Workout: Along with 12 preset workouts, players can create their own workouts in real-time with the Battle Workout mode.
- Achievements: Climb the ranks of the Orbital Defence Corps by earning medals and achievements for every rep and every workout you perform.
- Challenges: New in version 1.1 and exclusively for iOS users, our challenge mode will push you to your limits. Conquer each of the seven trials to prove yourself fit to defend the Earth!
- Big Screen: Optimised for Apple TV (iOS Users only), and with Google Chromecast support (Android Users only), now you can battle on a big screen!
7 Minute Superhero Workout Release Trailer YouTube
To download a full HD version of this trailer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Logo, Artwork, & Icon
Articles about 7 Minute Superhero Workout
- "Superhero Workout provides another effective, immersive workout experience that draws players in with narrative and context, but ultimately gives them stellar results."
- Andrew Hayward, Digital Arts
- "Very entertaining [...] the story is well-written and involving"
- Wayne Williams, Beta News
- "If you’re looking for a bit of narrative to add to your workouts, Superhero Workout does the job well."
- Thorin Klosowski, Lifehacker.com
Articles about Zombies, Run!
- "I think the Zombies, Run! team has succeeded in something no one has before, not even Nintendo; it honestly makes geeks get off the couch. Congrats, team. You deserve a cookie."
- Mur Lafferty, Escapistmagazine.com
- "[#2 Most Innovative Company in Fitness]... This Kickstarter-funded app is one part audio book, one part video game, and one party sneaky personal trainer."
- Kate Rockwood, Fastcompany.com
- "Zombies, Run! is a really cool way to get outside and exercise. If you've needed some added motivation, try the fear of an untimely and horribly gruesome death."
- Adam Dachis, Lifehacker.com
- "How an indie took on Nike, challenged the rules of narrative design, and started the Kickstarter revolution."
- Mark Walton, Gamespot.com
- "Need more motivation to go running? How about being chased by a horde of brain-hungry zombies? Wouldn’t your legs move a lot faster if you heard bloodcurdling growls as ravenous ghouls gained on you?"
- Lisa Collier Cool, Health.Yahoo.net
About Six to Start
Six to Start is an independent game developer based in London, specialising in storylike games and game-like stories. Their latest games are Zombies, Run!, the world's bestselling smartphone fitness app, and The Walk, the first smartphone fitness game funded by the UK's Department of Health.
Six to Start was founded in 2007. It's made treasure hunts and games involving millions of players for Channel 4, the BBC, and Muse, along with cutting-edge fiction for Penguin and Macmillan that's been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art. The company also conducts research and development for companies including Disney Imagineering, Microsoft, and the British Museum.
Lead Designer, Producer, Writer
Lead Writer, Audio Director
Art and Illustrations
3D Art, QA and Support
QA and Support
Alex Vincent, Robert Bradley, Gabby Wong, Jeremy Drakes, Anne Wittman, Emily Wilden, Nathan Nolan, Rhys Jennings, Amy Rockson, Felix Trench